Rettsyndrome.org Midwest Education Day
Saturday, October 10th, 2020
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
A critical element to Rettsyndrome.org’s mission is equipping parents, caregivers, therapists and teachers with the latest information on Rett.
Our Ed Days are for everyone wanting to connect with experts in the field of Rett syndrome especially families, caregivers, educators, clinicians, and therapists. Participants will enjoy a rich and informative day of topics and discussions covering research updates, medical and therapeutic intervention strategies, communication strategies, and more.
Key speakers & Agenda:
- Elizabeth M. Berry-Kravis, MD, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics, Neurosurgery & Neurological Sciences at Rush University Medical Center – Key thought leader in neurogenetic & neurodevelopment research & clinical trials
- Theresa Bartolotta, PhD, CCC-SLP, Program for Research & Support for Rett Syndrome, Monmouth University, NJ; Speech-Language Pathologist, Tender Ones Therapy Services, Dacula, GA
- Peter T. Heydemann, MD & Colleen M. Buhrfiend, MD, Co-Directors Rett Multidisciplinary Clinic Rush University Medical Center
The morning session will concentrate on research and science. The afternoon sessions will focus on therapies and quality of life.
Date: Saturday, October 10th, 2020
?Time: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm?
Hosted by: Rush University Medical Center, Rett Syndrome Association of Illinois and Rettsyndrome.org?
Location: Rush University Medical Center
Armour Academic Center
Weekend Entrance via Parking Garage at
1641 W. Harrison St.
Chicago, IL 60612
Fee: $10/per person. Individuals with diagnosis are free?
Includes: Presentations, interactive panel discussion, continental breakfast, lunch & Reception that will follow the Ed Day.
- A casual reception will follow the close of the presentations on Saturday.
- There will be a space available for personal care for those with Rett. *There is no childcare offered, but children are welcome to attend.
- A professional photographer will be on site for the day and will be taking candid as well as posed photos of you and your family.
Book your hotel group rate for Ed Day at Rush University
Room rate: $239.00 + tax; offering discounted overnight parking at $40.00 Book room by September 14th, 2020 for group night room rate & discounted parking.
Please note: The Chicago Marathon is on Sunday, so don’t miss your chance to reserve a hotel room before they sell out!
Contact Paige Nues firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Thank you to our organizers and generous supporters: