Our Foundation is committed to hosting an event that prioritizes the health and safety of our attendees, speakers, and staff.
Our COVID-19 mitigation protocol includes the following:
- IRSF will enforce the CDC guidelines that are in place at the time of the event, informed by any local or regional mandates.
- Proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID test will be required to be admitted to any sessions or events hosted by our Foundation. Attendees who are ill (including, but not limited to, symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19), regardless of vaccination status, should not attend ASCEND.
- IRSF will seek advice from the infectious disease team at Vanderbilt University Medical Center during our planning process.
IRSF will continue to monitor the national, state, and local COVID-19 situation; thus these guidelines may change as needed. We thank you for your commitment to our community’s health and for your understanding as we navigate the ever-changing environment.
The ASCEND Summit sessions are designed for adults, caregivers, and professionals only. Loved ones with Rett syndrome and children are welcome, but the Summit experience may not be well-suited for them.
Who Can Attend the Summit Sessions?
- The Summit sessions are designed for adults. The content is fast-paced and may not be appropriate for children under 18 and those with Rett syndrome.
- We encourage you to bring additional caregivers to watch your children during sessions so that you and other participants can benefit from our speakers. (Visit Gaylord Amenities & Activities to help plan activities for your children.)
- Session recordings will be available following the event.
Summit registration includes a continental breakfast (Thursday, 28th; Friday, 29th; Saturday, 30th) and a buffet lunch (Thursday, 28th; Friday, 29th) for Summit registrants only and registered individuals with Rett. We will have a variety of food on the buffet to offer options for everyone. Non-paid family members may take advantage of the many restaurants within Gaylord Opryland’s hotel or visit the nearby Opry Mills Mall food court.
We are working on providing respite care for those with Rett syndrome. Please note that respite care will be limited and is only available for individuals with Rett syndrome. Check back here for updates.
Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center: Our room block is very full. Please check back often to see if availability has opened up. Gaylord is anticipating a very busy spring 2022. The hospitality industry is bouncing back from COVID and is expecting many conferences to rebook; therefore, room availability may be somewhat limited. Please check out other nearby hotels.
- Our room block has double, standard, and accessible rooms.
- Need additional nights? We worked with the Gaylord to guarantee a certain number of standard and accessible rooms for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at a discounted rate. Depending on availability, you may be able to add on nights before or after the event. If you would like to add days or make special requests, please call the hotel directly and mention you are with the Rett Syndrome ASCEND Conference. Please note that this room block is filling up quickly.
- Gaylord parking: 4 complimentary electric car charging stations, $32/day on-site parking, $40/day valet parking. All prices are subject to tax.
- Gaylord Amenities & Activities
Additional Hotel Options within a 10-Minute Drive:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Nashville
- Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville at Opryland
- Comfort Inn Nashville – Opryland Area
- Courtyard by Marriott Nashville at Opryland
- Best Western Suites Near Opryland
- Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville at Opryland
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Nashville at Opryland
- Quality Inn Opryland Area
- Fiddler’s Inn
- Ramada by Wyndham Nashville/Music Valley
- Holiday Inn Experess & Suites Nashville Opryland
- Nashville International Airport (BNA)
- Airport phone: +1 615-275-1600
- Hotel direction: 8.3 miles north
- The airport shuttle arrives on the half-hour mark and picks up in the parking garage at the charter bus pick-up location.
- Driving directions: Exit the airport onto Interstate 40 West. Follow Interstate 40 West to exit 215B and merge onto TN-155 North/Briley Parkway. Continue on Briley Parkway to exit 12 for McGavock Pike toward Opryland Hotel/Convention Center/Music Valley Drive. Merge onto McGavock Pike, then turn left at Music Valley Drive towards Opryland Dr. The hotel is on the left.
Empowertn.org and notesonnashville.com both provide resources on navigating the city with wheelchairs. Visit Nashville Visitor’s Guide for tips on accessibility. A couple of highlights include the ADA alternative to MTA public transit. Note: An application must be filled out in advance of visiting Nashville. Three taxi services offer ramped wheelchair accessible vans, notesonnashville.com provides tips on finding free parking downtown, and empowertn.org rates some local attractions on their accessibility. All in all, Nashville is wheelchair friendly!
IRSF is committed to providing quality programming at the ASCEND 2022 Rett Syndrome National Summit. Registrants may attend the live event and have access to recordings afterward. For this reason, a confirmed registration may not be canceled. Please note: speakers and agenda are subject to change. In the event of a speaker cancellation, every effort to find a suitable replacement will be made. For more information, please contact [email protected].
I understand and agree that I am voluntarily participating in the ACSEND 2022 Summit, hosted by the International Rett Syndrome Foundation, at my own risk and my own request. I hereby waive all claims against International Rett Syndrome Foundation, its employees, Board of Directors, contractors, event sponsors, personnel, and volunteers for injury or loss that I might suffer as a result of my participation. I also grant full permission for the free use of my name, picture, and voice in the broadcast, telecast, print account, or any other account in any medium of this event. I attest that I am over the age of 18 and am able to make these representations on behalf of myself or am the legal guardian of the individual being registered.