Drug Discovery Sources
Animal Models - facilities that provide Mecp2 mouse strain breeding services for use in scientific research.
Tissue & Cell Collections
Brain Tissue Resources
- Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center:
The Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center (HBTRC) has fresh frozen and formalin fixed tissues of brain samples from over 90 Rett brains banked by International Rett Syndrome Foundation. All tissue requests for samples from Rett syndrome brain donors will be sent to IRSF for approval. Contact at 1-800-272-4622
- Contact Dr. Dominique Pichard, Chief Science Officer at International Rett Syndrome Foundation: [email protected]
- The University of Maryland Brain and Tissue Bank
- Coriell Cell Repository
- National Human Neural Stem Cell Resource (NHNSCR)
Rett Research Databases
- InterRett – is an international online database examining the clinical features and genetic characteristics of Rett syndrome
- RettBase – is a database that has been constructed by merging mutation and polymorphism data from the published literature pertaining to Rett syndrome, and by incorporating unpublished mutation and polymorphism data that have been submitted directly to the database.