Drug Discovery Sources
Animal Models - facilities that provide Mecp2 mouse strain breeding services for use in scientific research.
Other Resources for Novel Animal Generation
Tissue & Cell Collections
Brain Tissue Resources
- The Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center (HBTRC) has fresh frozen and formalin fixed tissues of brain samples from over Rett brains banked by International Rett Syndrome Foundation. All tissue requests for samples from Rett syndrome brain donors will be sent to IRSF for approval. For more information, please call HBTRC directly at 1-800-272-4622 or contact Dr. Dominique Pichard, IRSF Chief Science Officer at [email protected]
- The University of Maryland Brain and Tissue Bank
- Coriell Cell Repository
- National Human Neural Stem Cell Resource (NHNSCR)
Rett Research Databases
- InterRett – is an international online database examining the clinical features and genetic characteristics of Rett syndrome
- RettBase – is a database that has been constructed by merging mutation and polymorphism data from the published literature pertaining to Rett syndrome, and by incorporating unpublished mutation and polymorphism data that have been submitted directly to the database.