Scientific Meeting FAQs
Our Foundation is committed to hosting an event that prioritizes the health and safety of our attendees, speakers, and staff.
Our COVID-19 mitigation protocol includes the following:
- IRSF will enforce the CDC guidelines that are in place at the time of the event, informed by any local or regional mandates.
- Proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID test will be required to be admitted to any sessions or events hosted by our Foundation. Attendees who are ill (including, but not limited to, symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19), regardless of vaccination status, should not attend.
- IRSF will seek advice from the infectious disease team at Vanderbilt University Medical Center during our planning process.
IRSF will continue to monitor the national, state, and local COVID-19 situation; thus these guidelines may change as needed. We thank you for your commitment to our community’s health and for your understanding as we navigate the ever-changing environment.
Meeting registration includes an evening reception on Tuesday, April 26 with appetizers, breakfast and lunch on Wednesday April 27 followed by an evening reception with appetizers. We will have a variety of food on the buffet to offer options for everyone. You may also take advantage of the many restaurants within Gaylord Opryland’s hotel or visit the nearby Opry Mills Mall food court.
Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center: Availability limited
Additional Hotel Options within a 10-Minute Drive:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Nashville
- Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville at Opryland
- Comfort Inn Nashville – Opryland Area
- Courtyard by Marriott Nashville at Opryland
- Best Western Suites Near Opryland
- Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville at Opryland
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Nashville at Opryland
- Quality Inn Opryland Area
- Fiddler’s Inn
- Ramada by Wyndham Nashville/Music Valley
- Holiday Inn Experess & Suites Nashville Opryland
- Nashville International Airport (BNA)
- Airport phone: +1 615-275-1600
- Hotel direction: 8.3 miles north
- The airport shuttle arrives on the half-hour mark and picks up in the parking garage at the charter bus pick-up location.
- Driving directions: Exit the airport onto Interstate 40 West. Follow Interstate 40 West to exit 215B and merge onto TN-155 North/Briley Parkway. Continue on Briley Parkway to exit 12 for McGavock Pike toward Opryland Hotel/Convention Center/Music Valley Drive. Merge onto McGavock Pike, then turn left at Music Valley Drive towards Opryland Dr. The hotel is on the left.
IRSF is committed to providing quality programming at our Rett Syndrome Scientific Meeting. Confirmed registrations will not be refunded. Please note: speakers and agenda are subject to change. In the event of a speaker cancellation, every effort to find a suitable replacement will be made. For more information, please contact [email protected].
I understand and agree that I am voluntarily participating in the 2022 IRSF Rett Syndrome Scientific Meeting, at my own risk and my own request. I hereby waive all claims against International Rett Syndrome Foundation, its employees, Board of Directors, contractors, event sponsors, personnel, and volunteers for injury or loss that I might suffer as a result of my participation. I also grant full permission for the free use of my name, picture, and voice in the broadcast, telecast, print account, or any other account in any medium of this event. I attest that I am over the age of 18 and am able to make these representations on behalf of myself or am the legal guardian of the individual being registered.