Scientific Meeting FAQs
Our Foundation is committed to hosting an event that prioritizes the health and safety of our attendees, speakers, and staff.
Our COVID-19 mitigation protocol includes the following:
- Attendees who are ill (including, but not limited to, symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19), regardless of vaccination status, should not attend.
- Proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID test taken at most 72 hours before check-in will be required to be admitted to any sessions or events hosted by our Foundation. Please note that most at-home rapid tests will NOT meet this requirement. We have partnered with VeriFLY, a secure travel and event app, to check and verify these requirements (see instructions below).
- Vaccination: The final dose of the initial vaccination (not a booster) must have been administered at least 14 days before the event. VeriFLY supports Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, or AstraZeneca vaccines.
- COVID Test: The COVID test must be taken within 72 hours before the event begins. VeriFLY supports PCR, Antigen, NAAT, LAMP, or TMA tests. At-home, self-administered tests will be accepted as long as they adhere to CDC guidelines that are used for entry to the US:
- The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection.
- The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of CDC’s Order.
- The test report must contain the person’s first and last name, date of birth, test collection date, test type, and test result.
- VeriFLY does not accept tests that merely have some kind of dot or line indicator for the results (like what you would see on an at-home pregnancy test, for example).
- Face masks are required to attend the 2022 IRSF Rett Syndrome Scientific Meeting. We ask all attendees to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth during all sessions and social events related to this meeting, except while eating and drinking.
- IRSF will enforce the CDC guidelines that are in place at the time of the event, informed by any local or regional mandates.
IRSF will continue to monitor the national, state, and local COVID-19 situation; thus these guidelines may change as needed. We thank you for your commitment to our community’s health and your understanding as we navigate the ever-changing environment.
Face masks are required to attend the 2022 IRSF Rett Syndrome Scientific Meeting. We ask all attendees to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth during all sessions and social events related to this meeting, except while eating and drinking.
We thank you for your cooperation and commitment to keeping our Rett community safe.
If you are also attending ASCEND 2022, please visit that event’s FAQs section to view the ASCEND face mask policy.
How does VeriFLY work?
- Simply download the VeriFLY app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Register with VeriFLY, which will require taking a selfie and confirming your email address.
- Now that you are registered in the app, you need to access a unique “pass” designed for our event. In the VeriFLY app, tap “Scan VeriFLY Code” and scan the QR code sent to you via email or available for attendees in the Whova app. *You must use this QR code; our event is not searchable within the VeriFLY app.
- VeriFLY will then guide you through the event requirements.
- Upload the required document(s) and VeriFLY will check them and confirm if they are valid. When your document(s) have been verified, the app will display that you have a valid pass for the event.
- You can show that pass at the conference check-in.
The online VeriFLY Help Center (https://support.myverifly.com/) has many useful articles and tips for using VeriFLY. If you require any further assistance, you can submit a support request through the app or in the VeriFLY Help Center.
**If you choose not to use VeriFLY, you will be required to show proof of vaccination or third party administered negative COVID test (See Covid-19 Protocol above), which will be verified for you at the registration check-in desk. This may take longer. It will be your responsibility to ensure you bring the required compliance documentation.**
IRSF has partnered with Concierge M.D. to provide a limited number of COVID-19 tests to attendees onsite at the Gaylord Opryland. Walk-ins will be accepted though it is recommended that you pre-register by clicking here. Pre-registration does not guarantee you a test.
- Tuesday, April 26th, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 27th, 2-6 p.m.
- Thursday, April 28th, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Cheekwood D on the Magnolia Mezzanine Level
$50 per test (antigen; results in 15-20 mins) or $130 per test (PCR; results in 24 hours)
Meeting registration includes an evening reception on Tuesday, April 26 with appetizers, breakfast, and lunch on Wednesday, April 27 followed by an evening reception with appetizers. We will have a variety of food on the buffet to offer options for everyone. You may also take advantage of the many restaurants within Gaylord Opryland’s hotel or visit the nearby Opry Mills Mall food court.
Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center: Availability limited
Additional Hotel Options within a 10-Minute Drive:
- Inn at Opryland
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Nashville
- Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville at Opryland
- Comfort Inn Nashville – Opryland Area
- Courtyard by Marriott Nashville at Opryland
- Best Western Suites Near Opryland
- Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville at Opryland
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Nashville at Opryland
- Quality Inn Opryland Area
- Fiddler’s Inn
- Ramada by Wyndham Nashville/Music Valley
- Holiday Inn Experess & Suites Nashville Opryland
- Nashville International Airport (BNA)
- Airport phone: +1 615-275-1600
- Hotel direction: 8.3 miles north
- The Gaylord Opryland has updated its airport shuttle service. During the conference, the shuttle will run every hour at the top of the hour, from the Cascades Canopy at the Resort to BNA and on the bottom of the hour from BNA to the Resort. All airport shuttles have a wheelchair lift. Tickets are $18 each way, based on availability, and must be purchased in advance by clicking here.
- Driving directions: Exit the airport onto Interstate 40 West. Follow Interstate 40 West to exit 215B and merge onto TN-155 North/Briley Parkway. Continue on Briley Parkway to exit 12 for McGavock Pike toward Opryland Hotel/Convention Center/Music Valley Drive. Merge onto McGavock Pike, then turn left at Music Valley Drive towards Opryland Dr. The hotel is on the left.
IRSF is committed to providing quality programming at our Rett Syndrome Scientific Meeting. Confirmed registrations will not be refunded. Please note: speakers and agenda are subject to change. In the event of a speaker cancellation, every effort to find a suitable replacement will be made. For more information, please contact [email protected].
I understand and agree that I am voluntarily participating in the 2022 IRSF Rett Syndrome Scientific Meeting, at my own risk and my own request. I hereby waive all claims against International Rett Syndrome Foundation, its employees, Board of Directors, contractors, event sponsors, personnel, and volunteers for injury or loss that I might suffer as a result of my participation. I also grant full permission for the free use of my name, picture, and voice in the broadcast, telecast, print account, or any other account in any medium of this event. I attest that I am over the age of 18 and am able to make these representations on behalf of myself or am the legal guardian of the individual being registered.