2022 IRSF Rett Syndrome Scientific Meeting
One of the goals of our Rett Syndrome Scientific Meeting is to bring together researchers studying Rett and related fields in academia, industry, and governmental agencies from around the world. We invite all researchers to participate, discuss the latest in Rett syndrome science, and share their findings in this meeting.
IRSF’s Rett Syndrome Scientific Meeting will be held immediately before the main portion of the ASCEND 2022 Rett Syndrome National Family Summit in Nashville, Tennessee. It will consist of both poster and oral presentation sessions focused on basic, translational, and clinical work on Rett syndrome.
What: Research in the MeCP2 and Rett syndrome field
When: April 26-27, 2022 — includes Rett community mixer on Wednesday evening
Where: Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center- 2800 Opryland Drive, Nashville, TN
$400 MD, PhD, & Industry Professionals
$150 Post-docs, Medical Residents & Fellows (email proof of training status)
Participants in the scientific meeting are welcomed and encouraged to also register for the ASCEND Rett Syndrome National Family Summit that will be held held right after the Science Meeting. ASCEND will bring together parents, families, clinicians, researchers, and Rett organizations from around the world. It’s designed to help our community overcome the challenges of Rett syndrome and reach the summit of hope and healing – a world without Rett syndrome.
There are several hotel options that are within 1 mile of the Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center.
- Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center -615-889-1000
- Inn at Opryland-615-889-0800
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Nashville -615-290-5233
- Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland -615-872-0422
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville at Opryland -615-620-2500
- Comfort Inn Nashville – Opryland Area -615-889-0090
- Courtyard by Marriott Nashville at Opryland -615-882-9133
- Best Western Suites Near Opryland -615-902-9940
- Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville at Opryland -615-265-0345
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Nashville at Opryland -615-872-8939
- Quality Inn Opryland Area -629-666-5230
- Fiddler’s Inn -615-885-1440
- Ramada by Wyndham Nashville/Music Valley -615-885-4030
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nashville Opryland -615-829-7777
Our Foundation is committed to hosting an event that prioritizes the health and safety of our attendees, speakers, and staff.
Our COVID-19 mitigation protocol includes the following:
- Attendees who are ill (including, but not limited to, symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19), regardless of vaccination status, should not attend.
- Proof of vaccination OR a negative COVID test taken at most 72 hours before check-in will be required to be admitted to any sessions or events hosted by our Foundation. Please note that most at-home rapid tests will NOT meet this requirement. We have partnered with VeriFLY, a secure travel and event app, to check and verify these requirements.
- Vaccination: The final dose of the initial vaccination (not a booster) must have been administered at least 14 days before the event. VeriFLY supports Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, or AstraZeneca vaccines.
- COVID Test: The COVID test must be taken within 72 hours before the event begins. VeriFLY supports PCR, Antigen, NAAT, LAMP, or TMA tests. At-home, self-administered tests will be accepted as long as they adhere to CDC guidelines that are used for entry to the US:
- The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection.
- The telehealth provider must confirm the person’s identity, observe the specimen collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of CDC’s Order.
- The test report must contain the person’s first and last name, date of birth, test collection date, test type, and test result.
- VeriFLY does not accept tests that merely have some kind of dot or line indicator for the results (like what you would see on an at-home pregnancy test, for example).
- Face masks are required to attend the 2022 IRSF Rett Syndrome Scientific Meeting. We ask all attendees to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth during all sessions and social events related to this meeting, except while eating and drinking.
- IRSF will enforce the CDC guidelines that are in place at the time of the event, informed by any local or regional mandates.
IRSF will continue to monitor the national, state, and local COVID-19 situation; thus these guidelines may change as needed. We thank you for your commitment to our community’s health and your understanding as we navigate the ever-changing environment.
Science Meeting Policies
IRSF invites participation in the IRSF Rett Syndrome Scientific Meeting and ASCEND 2022 Rett Syndrome National Summit from all eligible individuals irrespective of gender, race/ethnicity, disability status, religion, or nationality. By registering for this event, all participants agree to abide by the policies described below as well as all applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Abstract submission deadline has passed. Abstracts will be reviewed for an invitation to present a poster or a poster and an oral presentation. Notifications will be made by mid-February.