Help Secure Federal Funding for Rett Syndrome Research
Because the Senate has yet to consider its FY22 appropriations bills, there is still time for you to reach out to your U.S. Senator urging them to have Rett syndrome listed as a topic eligible for federal research funding through the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Peer Reviewed Medical Research Program (PRMRP).
How you can help:
Use the instructions below to contact your U.S. Senators TODAY!
- Click here and select your state. Click each Senator’s name to be directed to their website
- From your first Senator’s website, look for the “Contact” tab to access their contact portal
- Follow the portal instructions and include your home address on the contact form
- If asked to select a Topic, choose Budget or Spending or similar
- If prompted for a subject line, use “Please Support Rett syndrome Research in the FY22 Defense Funding Bill”
- Use the Draft Letter here to craft your message. In the second paragraph insert details of your experience with Rett syndrome. Copy and paste it into the message area.
- Repeat the above steps to message your second U.S. Senator.
Need more help or information about this effort? Email Andrea Reed at [email protected]
THANK YOU for taking action now to ensure that federal research funds are available to help researchers develop new treatments and a cure for Rett syndrome!