Newly Published Communication Guidelines for Rett
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Please join us as Gill Townend, CertMRCSLT, M.Phil., B.Med.Sci.(Speech), Researcher and Augmentative & Alternative Communication Expert, Rett Expertise Centre Netherlands and Theresa Bartolotta, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, Professor, Department of Speech-Language Pathology, School of Education, Monmouth University, Monmouth University Graduate Center who will be introducing the development, final statement and recommendations of the largest body of evidence-based Communication guidelines to be published for Rett syndrome, work that was funded by Rettsyndrome.org and accomplished by a global team of experts.
Our presenters will also be sharing the accessible, user-friendly handbook version of the guidelines with recommendations of how to embed these at home, in the classroom, and in day programs. Our goal is to help empower you with strategies in the here and now while we accelerate work towards our collective hope for better treatments and ultimately a cure for Rett syndrome.
Questions and comments submitted in advance will be addressed, and there will be plenty of time for write-in questions during the session.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
When: Friday, November 1, 2019
Where: Mercedes-Benz of The Woodlands
16917 Interstate 45 South
The Woodlands, TX 77385
Time: “Come and Go” from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Parking: Valet Parking Available
Fare: Dosey Doe is providing wine and BBQ sliders at no cost
Entertainment: Acoustic show by Kevin and his son Coleton
Featured Art: 30 – 40 of Dave Clements’ and Kevin Black’s best music black and white photographs taken over the last decade will be available for purchase (tax-deductible donation to Rett Syndrome)
• Meet photographers Dave Clements & Kevin Black.
• View their photography that will be displayed in the show room.
• Enjoy some music memorabilia.
• Listen to a live music performance by Kevin Black and his son Coleton.
• Purchase a copy of their coffee table book Raising A Hand – Volume One. Pre-order order forms for Volume Two will be available.
• Learn about Rett syndrome and what the two photographers are doing to raise awareness for this rare disorder.
• Enjoy a Dosey Doe brisket slider and a glass of wine.
• Enjoy the collection of some of the finest automobiles in the world!
Finally if you can’t make it and still have not pre-ordered your copy of Raising A Hand – Volume Two, you can go to www.RaisingAHand.com and do so for $42.95 ($35 plus $7.95 shipping). Plus for an additional $25 donation you can get a signed copy of Volume One shipped to your home almost immediately.
$10 registration fee per family including conference, breakfast and lunch.
Families and caregivers: don’t miss the opportunity to hear from leading doctors, researchers and service professionals in the Rett Syndrome field.