Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
The International Rett Syndrome Foundation is looking for a remote Marketing & Communications Coordinator to advance our mission to accelerate research and empower families.
Who We Are:
The International Rett Syndrome Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit known today as Rettsyndrome.org. Rettsyndrome.org has a vision to create a world without Rett syndrome. Our foundation makes strategic and significant investments in research to find a cure for Rett syndrome, while also funding activities related to family empowerment, public awareness and advocacy programs. The foundation not only funds the highest quality research but is dedicated to helping develop better treatments to improve the quality of life of individuals with Rett syndrome. Rettsyndrome.org has been the primary funder of two recent clinical trials that have produced extremely promising results and sparked optimism that life changing treatments and eventually a cure for this debilitating disease will soon be a reality.
We are a virtual organization, based in Cincinnati, OH, with employees across the U.S.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will use his/her creative expertise, strong writing, editing and storytelling skills to meaningfully contribute to Rettsyndrome.org’s business strategies and objectives.
- Support Marketing & Communication Plan
- Enhance website and social media with relevant and engaging content
- Work closely with Marketing Director to develop and support content strategy for social, website, video, and print
- Write articles, press releases, blogs, and posts to promote news and initiatives of Foundation.
- Write, proofread and edit communication pieces
- Write and format emails in email marketing platform (MailChimp)
- Support Social Media channels and grow audience and reach
- Update Website content and maintain online event calendars
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent background/experience
- 2+ years of experience delivering effective and engaging stories through digital, social media, and/or print. (writing samples required).
- Powerful storyteller across multiple mediums
- Excellent written and verbal communication, proofreading, and editing skills a must
- Experienced in creating engaging content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and working with programs like Canva and Buffer
- Proficient in email marketing
- Proficient in WordPress
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Proficient in Spanish a plus
- Excellent project management skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and follow through with minimal direction.
- Proficient Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be a continuous learner, excited about technology and new approaches.
- Upbeat, positive attitude and a good sense of humor a plus.
- An understanding and belief in the mission of Rettsyndrome.org
Negotiable and dependent upon skills and experience.
Email resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.