29th Annual Family Education and Awareness Conference
"This is the Place for Hope"
June 27-29, 2013
Early Registration Discount Extended through Monday, May 27th!
IRSF is carefully and thoughtfully finalizing the annual conference details just for you: families, caregivers, educators and allied health professionals. It is the only one of its kind where parents and professionals of those with Rett syndrome and Related Disorders come together from all over the world, under one roof, to learn the most current recommended care and advocacy strategies for every stage of life, and hear first-hand the latest in research and clinical trials. Even though many resources today can be accessed online, nothing can replace the experience of meeting face-to-face with experts; hands-on interactions with carefully selected exhibitors; and spending time developing lasting relationships with other parents, attendees and all of us at IRSF. In addition to being a critical continuing education opportunity for you, it is also a chance for you to relax, recharge your batteries, and have a little fun. We are glad you will be joining us.
Please print these downloads for important information that will enrich your conference attendance, and help with your travel plans:
Raffle item! Tobii C12 eye-gaze device winner will be drawn at the Tribute dinner Friday, June 28! Purchase raffle tickets online in advance, or onsite at conference. You DO NOT have to be present to win this item. So whether you are attending or not, make sure to buy your chances to win!
REMEMBER: YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS ARE SEPARATE FROM YOUR CONFERENCE REGISTRATION. PLEASE CONTACT 1-866-937-6288 TO BOOK YOUR ROOM TODAY.
For air travelers, we recommend the Salt Lake City International airport, which is approximately a 1-hour drive from the Zermatt Resort. If shuttle service is needed, please contact All Resort Group shuttle at 1 (800) 457-94577 and Reference IRSF Conference Group #9154 for negotiated rates.
* We are pleased to make this a family friendly conference and both the Zermatt and Homestead Resorts welcome children, but please keep in mind that only paid conference attendees are allowed in sessions, and no children under the age of 12 will be permitted in sessions at any time. It is important and out of respect for all attendees and Speakers that we keep the sessions focused on the material and moving at a rapid pace. Thank you for your understanding and support.
* IRSF is pleased to partner with the nearby National Abilities Center (NAC) in Park City for a pre-registered offsite Day Program at their wonderful center that enables Possibilities for All Abilities for your children with Rett syndrome and Related Disorders. Space is limited, so register early. Every child will need a companion to attend to their personal care throughout the day. The NAC will prove a 2:1 staff:child ratio, but a responsible family member or someone that your child knows well will be needed to attend to her personal care needs throughout the day. Many great indoor and outdoor activities will be planned for all abilities.
*** As you go through the online Registration process, you will be asked if you would like your information to be included in a Conference Directory. This is a great way to stay connected with friends made at Conference. The Directory will be handed out during Conference to all paid attendees only.
Financial Planning for Onsite Attendance or Webcast Package
- Check with your child's Case Manager. S/He may have info for financial resources to attend conferences
- If your child has a DD Medicaid Waiver you may stipulate some waiver funds for "Family and Caregiver" training which will pay for conference fee
- Check with local "First Steps", Early Intervention, Mental Health Assoc. to see if funds are available
- Contact the Governor's Planning Council- Family Consumer Involvement funds on their website to apply for a grant
- Check with INsource to see if funds are available (can Google or search)
- Always check with the local clubs and service organizations to see if assistance is available such as Elks Club, Lions Club, Kiwanis, and Knights of Columbus
- Ask family members to help financially with your ISRF conference costs in lieu of birthday, holiday, anniversary etc. gifts
- Conference Scholarship Application – application deadline May 3, 2013